Emily E. Farris
Emily E. Farris, Esq.
790 Penllyn Blue Bell Pike, Suite 303
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Abuse | Restraining Orders |PFAs
- ADR | Arbitration | Mediation | Collaborative Law
- Business Valuation in Divorce
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Child Support
- Equitable Distribution/Property
- Grandparent and Third Party Visitation and Custody
- High Asset Divorce
- Post Divorce Issues
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Property Settlement Agreements
- Retirement Benefits in Divorce
- Same-Sex Marriage
- Spousal Support
- Pennsylvania, January 2021
- Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- J.D. cum laude – 2020
- High Point University, High Point, North Carolina
- B.A. magna cum laude – 2015
- Major: Communications, Broad Journalism
- Minor: Marketing
Emily E. Farris is an associate with Shemtob Draganosky Taylor. Her legal practice focuses on divorce and related issues such as child custody, marital property distribution, alimony, and child support, as well as protection from abuse matters. Emily believes it is important to cultivate strong relationships with her clients built on communication.
Emily graduated magna cum laude, from High Point University with a Bachelor of Arts in Communications, specifically focused on Broadcast Journalism, with a minor in Marketing. She is a member, and served as President, of Zeta Tau Alpha Sorority during her time at High Point. Prior to attending law school, Emily worked in the broadcast news industry.
Emily earned her Juris Doctor, cum laude, from the Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law. During her time in law school, she focused her work experience solely on family law matters. She worked for the Custody and Support Assistance Clinic at Philadelphia Legal Assistance, the Civil Litigation Clinic at Philadelphia Legal Assistance focused on custody and protection from abuse cases, and with Shemtob Draganosky Taylor as a Summer Associate in 2019. In addition, Emily received the CALI Excellence for the Future Award as the top performing student in her Family Law and Professional Responsibility classes. Beyond her work experience, Emily also became involved as a leader in the law school community. She served as President of the Student Bar Association for two consecutive years, during her second and third year of law school. She was also a Teaching Assistant and a member of the Trial Team during her final year of law school, where her team placed 8th out of 32 total teams. As a result of her efforts, Emily was honored by the Faculty at the Thomas R. Kline School of Law as the 2020 recipient of the Faculty Award for Outstanding Leadership in the Law School Community.
In her free time, Emily enjoys spending time with friends and her large extended family, as well as with her cat, Betty.
- Panelist: “What Every Law Student Needs to Know about Landing a Job in Family Law” (sponsored by the Pennsylvania Bar Association Family Law Section and the Greater Philadelphia Area Law Schools)
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Faculty Award for Outstanding Leadership in the Law School Community
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award Family Law
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award Professional Responsibility
Abuse | ADR | Alimony | Appeals | Arbitration | Business Valuation | Child Custody | Child Support | Collaborative Law | Divorce | Equitable Distribution | Grandparent and Third Party Visitation and Custody | High Asset Divorce | Mediation | Post-Divorce | Prenuptial Agreements | Property Settlement Agreements | Relocation | Restraining Orders | Retirement Benefits in Divorce | Same-Sex Marriage | Spousal Support
Montgomery County | Bucks County | Chester County | Delaware County | Philadelphia
790 Penllyn Blue Bell Pike, Suite 303
Blue Bell, PA 19422
68 East Court Street, Suite 2D
Doylestown, PA 18901